Safer States is hiring!
Safer States has a goal to diversify our funding base over the next 5 years, building off successful foundation fundraising. We are seeking a dynamic Major Donor Officer to join our fundraising team and assist us in building a major donor program.
This person will be responsible for all aspects of the major donor program including working with our fundraising team to craft a major donor strategy, cultivating relationships with new donors, soliciting gifts, stewarding donors once gifts are made, managing a personal portfolio of donors, and helping other staff to manage their own portfolio of donors. A smaller portion of this role will be to assist with foundation fundraising. There will be limited travel.
About Safer States: Safer States is a strategic collaborative campaign that harnesses place-based power to protect people and the environment from harmful chemicals during production, use, and disposal. We sit at the intersection of public policy and corporate accountability, leveraging each off each other to create national protections that are changing the landscape of our daily lives.
- Develops and oversees the major donor plan including prospecting, managing a portfolio of donors, planning, and engaging National Director. In charge of all touch points.
- Drafts, resources, and executes effective outreach materials for donors/donor prospects including writing and managing thank you’s, drafting case statement, updating the website.
- Maintain high quality communications withcurrent and prospective funders.
- Staffs efforts to carry out fundraising, onboarding, evaluations, and relevant activities.
- Works with partners to identify and recruit major donors.
- As needed support for writing foundation proposals, reporting and outreach to prospective foundation funders.
- Supports strategy to increase visibility and Safer States brand in the foundation and donor community.
- Assist with outreach to strategic partners as requested by National Director.
- Assist with communications about Safer States.
- Excellent fundraising skills with a minimum of three years of experience and demonstrated success.
- Experience developing and managing a major donor program.
- Strong organizational, oral, and writing skills; attention to detail and ability to multi-task under multiple deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent administrative skills and proven track record meeting deadlines.
- Able to exercise good judgement, work independently, and maintain confidentiality of donor information.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Can-do attitude and ability to work well as part of a team in a mission driven organization.
- Ability to cultivate meaningful relationships with funders and partner organizations.
- Computer skills including MS Office Suite and database programs such as Salesforce.
Compensation & Location:
$50,000 - $60,000 FTE, based on agreed-upon scope of work and experience. Excellent benefits package included. Ideally Portland, Oregon but flexible location for the right candidate.
To Apply: Send resume, three references and cover letter detailing interest and relevant experience to email@example.com Please no calls.
Deadline to apply: April 26, 2019
Safer States is an equal opportunity employer. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.